High Point Farm Horse Week 3
June 27 @ 9:00 AM - July 1 @ 2:00 PM EDT
High Point is excited to offer several sessions over the summer for riders of all levels.
BEGINNER/NOVICE WEEK 1, 2, 3, 4: Each day begins at 9:00am. Please be 15 minutes early *on the first day* so we can take care of registration. You may pick your student up between 2:00-2:30pm at the end of each day. There will be a $25 fee per day for students picked up after 3:00pm.
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD BRING:
– Sack Lunch
– Riding Helmet if you own one; if not, a public one will be provided
– Water Bottle
– BEGINNER/NOVICE SESSIONS should bring a clean white t-shirt to tie-dye on Monday
– BEGINNER/NOVICE SESSIONS should bring a swimsuit and towel Wednesday and Thursday for water games
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD WEAR:
– Long pants or breeches
– Boots or shoes with at least a half-inch heel (cowboy boots work great for the beginner/novice sessions, unless they already have paddock boots) *kids may NOT ride in sneakers*
– Shorts and light clothing may be worn after horse activities conclude (recommended); closed-toe shoes are preferred
– NOVICE/ADVANCED SESSIONS should wear paddock boots and half chaps, if they are not already wearing tall boots
BEGINNER: never ridden – canters a little
NOVICE: steers at canter – jumps up to 18″
ADVANCED: schooling 18″ courses and up
QUADRILLE: 4 riders at a time will practice and perform a single dressage test (performed on the last day of the session); we will have a “novice” group option, where the test will only be walk and trot, and an “intermediate” group option, where the test will include canter.